The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
We are looking for a Country Procurement Manager to lead and steer sourcing assignments of locally & regionally sourced indirect material and services for IKEA Stores and Shopping Centres, end-to-end on operational, tactical, and strategic level.
- You will be responsible to support global procurement manager in planning and implementing overall procurement direction and actions in Mexico geography.
- You will contribute by leading and supervising high-value sourcing activities in the Mexico market.
- You will facilitate procurement related governance forum and give advisory support to purchasers in other business functions.
- You will steer daily operation activities (e.g. work orders management & issues) and related coordination with stakeholders.
- You will lead implementation of purchasing related IT systems e.g., Source-to-Contract and Procure-to-Pay in Mexico geography.
- You will lead and coach team consisting of procurement specialist and project coordinator to secure high performing contributions for Mexico geography.
- You will support sustainability agenda and secure governance of IKEA compliance standard (IWAY) including necessary actions from business functions.
- You have a strong procurement background and skills, and ideally 3 to 5 years of managerial experience within purchasing.
- You have In-depth knowledge of commercial negotiations with an understanding of cost elements and negotiation drivers.
- You have strong operational and analytical skills with high attention to details.
- You have multi-tasking and time management skills to manage variable workloads and prioritize tasks.
- You should have strong communication skills, fluent in English and able to local travel.
- You have proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
This position is based in Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of growing IKEA organization. It will give a chance to push boundaries and influence our direction, all as part of a caring and open environment where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with togetherness. Please apply by 20 February, 2023.