Job Requisition ID: 152531
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every dayJob description
Location : IKEA , Jebel Ali
Overview of the role
To contribute to positioning the IKEA store as the “Leader in life at home” in our market in order to maximize sales and long-term profitability. I do this by securing the effective implementation of global solutions using my knowledge of people’s life at home and consumer buying behaviour in my market and my home furnishing competence to adapt these to meet our national needs.
What you will do
- Production of the commercial plans package of the assigned area in a commercial planning and build up.
- Actively support the Expansion Visual merchandising manager in implementing the country business plan and the country Com & In plan to support the optimization of sales and our long-term growth in our new to build stores.
- Support the stores to ensure the uniqueness of the IKEA Brand identity in range presentation and store communication in order to distance us from the competition. Taking ownership for how we are working with visual merchandising in my country.
- Using range presentation solutions that are relevant to the many people’s life at home in my local market and that it accurately reflects demographics, living conditions and out visitors needs and wants.
- Securing that our solutions reflect a wide variety style expressions and functions to meet individual tastes and stimulate our visitors to change their home furnishings more often, using IKEA style groups and IKEA living situations.
- Develop the store layout and support the stores to ensure it is used to create optimal visual impact, a good overview and supports our commercial priorities.
- Working with SO Com & In colleagues, SO expansion team, Sales leaders, In-store Logistics and other SO functions to agree on our regional priorities. Together developing solutions that present and communicate the IKEA product range in a way that reflects its width and depth and strengthens our low-price profile on all levels and local market needs.
STORE SUPPORT (NEW STORES)
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding of people’s needs and wants, their living situations and living conditions and consumer buying behaviour in my national market and I am inquisitive to find out more.
- Analyze the IKEA Customer Satisfaction survey (ICSS), IKEA Brand Capital and other visitor feedback and use these insights to work with the store Com& In teams to improve the experience of our visitors and convert them into satisfied customers.
- Work with the SO Com&In colleagues and other SO functions to provide the specific, relevant support which enables the stores and other IKEA units.
- Working with the Expansion graphic communication planner, expansion interior design planner to ensure consistency in how we communicate throughout our new stores.
- Supporting the new stores to ensure the implementation of store communication using the layout to create optimal visual impact, a good overview and support our commercial priorities.
- Working with my SO Com&In colleagues to ensure that we all communicate to the stores is consistent, understandable and cost-effective for them to implement.
- Sharing good ideas and coaching visual merchandiser’s new stores to improve their competence.
- Work with IKEA manuals, global directions, regional guidelines and tools within my area of responsibility.
- Coordinate and support with the regional expansion plans, store rebuilds and special projects whenever necessary including commercial planning, build up and opening phases.
- Supporting with current ways of working and business practices.
Required skills to be successful
- Understands customer buying behaviour and buying decisions.
- Knows the competition on the local market.
- Has experience in incorporating the commercial calendar into the Communication & Interior Design action plan.
- Has thorough knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a store visual merchandiser.
- Has thorough knowledge of AutoCAD , Revit and other soft skills for design like sketch up
What equips you for the role
- 3 years in a similar role.
- Ideally knowledge of the IKEA Concept.
- Has thorough knowledge of the role and responsibilities of the Communication & Interior Design department.
- Has a passion for interior design, visual merchandising, home furnishings and retail design
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…