The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you used your functional and technical expertise to support the Facilities Department by taking care of the property and ensure the store has the proper comprehensive services and teams in place to deliver results, and keep the property and building in safe, working order, available and open for business.
- Provide support to the Facilities Manager, ensure the store is supported in call out situation. Ensure the scope of work, services and assets are being delivered and maintained to IKEA SEAMEX expectations
- Monitor FM contracts for compliance and cost control. Maintain partnering relationship with vendors, suppliers, and contractors while ensuring they comply with the scope of work, delivering best products and services at minimum expense
- Ensure that the planned preventative maintenance program is updated and in order, and that vendor performance is recorded and documented
- To monitor, maintain and troubleshoot problems with the building’s utility system to ensure that proper operation including mechanical, plumbing, electrical, life safety and energy management system. Take care on all emergency control on and off hours.
- Review and ensure that Facilities comply with any Risk/FM Audit (SecCheck / Blue / Property) and work through practical ways with your manager to comply and meet the targeted score
- Ensure smooth facility operations, ensure energy consumption is being recorded, and that the maintenance of the facilities infrastructure, and property are operationally efficient.
- Supervise technical teams on site and o lead your team of co-workers by ensuring work assignment are follow up and executed on time
- Assist in analysing building conditions and assigned building services resources and assist in preparing report setting forth progress, adverse trends
- Minimum 4 years supervisory experience in facilities, maintenance and building management. Hands on knowledge in handling various technical aspects of building and facilities management with project management experience
- Well versed in all local laws and regulations governing property maintenance, building management, statutory compliance and certification and licences
- Strong service ethic. Pro-active, can do attitude with strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and skilled in report writing, presentations and use of IT tools
- Proven leadership abilities to lead by example, motivate and develop your team competencies
- You have the ability to work in a fast pace environment and manage stressful situations
- Able to commit working on AM & PM shift, including weekends and public holidays
Please apply by 28 Feb 2023