Who you are
You ensure fast and efficient checkout service to our customers, as a result of which customers leave the store with a positive feeling and are motivated to shop at IKEA more often in the future.
You ensure that all payments are handled in a reliable, efficient, accurate and friendly way and that all procedures minimise costs.
You constantly monitor current performance compared to the targets set. If necessary, you adapt the way of working or take action.
You have solid experience as a leader and you are a real team player, which enables you to solve problems and make decisions in a challenging and ever-changing retail environment.
You challenge both yourself and your team to exceed the expectations of our customers and constantly find new and better ways of working.
A day in your life with us
You translate the business plan of the store into a clear action plan for your department and you implement the various actions. In doing so, you contribute to the positioning of the IKEA store as the leader in interior design on the local market.
You work hands-on to help grow Cashline and IKEA. You guarantee smooth handling at the checkout so that customers always leave IKEA with a positive impression.
You constantly look for new opportunities to improve the efficiency and future shopping experience of our customers.
You implement new ways of working in the constantly changing omnichannel world.
You motivate, inspire and engage your team to achieve the targets set.
About this work area
As a team, we build a life-long relationship with existing and new customers. In doing so, we stimulate turnover growth. We ensure that the IKEA customer relations policy is applied optimally. For this, we deploy our knowledge of the range, which we enlarge on a daily basis, so that our customers leave the store with a positive feeling and return more often in the future.
At IKEA, we like to give you the space to take control of your own development and growth. We believe in entrepreneurship and initiative and want to make it easy for you. In the first few weeks/months, you will be offered a 5-step development plan to get you started, with enough personal space to create the learning moments you need.
We offer this structure and a supportive network of colleagues who will make sure you feel comfortable in this situation and give you time to learn, make mistakes and develop.
In addition to a competitive remuneration, we offer:
- End-of-year bonus, holiday pay and sector premiums
- A commuting allowance with an additional allowance if you come by bike
- Private leasing of an electric bike, we are happy to give you a boost
- Comprehensive hospitalization insurance
- A private accidents insurance
- Pension savings
- A leave savings plan: choose how you want your late/early hours (before 7h and as of 19h) to be paid out: a supplement on your salary or in holiday hours
- We also offer extralegal holidays, seniority holidays and for full-time colleagues 6 extra days off
- A canteen where you can eat delicious food at very democratic prices
- IKEA Tack! Loyalty reward, an additional deposit into your retirement savings based on our global results and your loyalty to IKEA
- ONE IKEA Bonus: an additional bonus based on your shop's results
- IKEA Benefits at work: a portal offer you great discount for well-known stores and brands
- IKEA staff discount 15% on all your purchases
- Team outings & staff parties, because togetherness is very important to us
- A nice extra in case of legal cohabitation/marriage/birth/retirements to celebrate these beautiful moments
- We offer you a schedule 6 weeks in advance to better plan your work-life. Our shops close at 8pm (Friday 9pm)